Croaker fish has soft delicate meat which is suitable for those who are ill or lack of appetite. Braising fish induce the meat to turn soft and easily digested when consume with warm porridge or plain rice.
Pea sprouts taste sweet and are tender, appealing children appetite with its bright green color. Pea sprouts are similar to other green vegetables, full of calcium, vitamin b and carotene.
You don’t have to pre-cook the vegetable because it easily cook in a few minutes. However, you need to pre-fried the Croaker fish in order to remove the fish odor.
After you have cooked the fish, just add in some water and bring it to boil before adding the pea sprouts to bring out the sweet taste that goes well with the Croaker fish.
|Braised Croaker Fish with Ginger and Pea Sprouts|
Here is the fish braised recipe that you may want to try out...
fresh croaker fish from the wet market
pea sprouts, looks like clover
150g pea sprouts
1 Croaker fish
2 teaspoon ginger juice
1 teaspoon salt,
1/6 teaspoon sugar
- Soak pea sprouts in water with a pinch of salt for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and drain excess water.
- Gut the fish.
- Wash and wipe dry so that the hot oil does not “Pop” when frying the fish.
- Brush with white pepper.
- Heat a wok and fry fish in 2 tablespoon of oil until both sides are brown.
- Pour in 2 cups of water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and turn to low heat.
- Simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Turn to high heat and put in ginger juice, seasoning and pea sprouts.
- Bring to boil again and turn off heat
- Serve in a deep dish.
Other Fish Recipe That You May Like: