- Mix fish with turmeric powder and salt.
- Deep fry the fish until cook. Remove and drain the oil.
- Decorate fish on a flat dish / plate.
- With 2 tbsp oil, saute garlic, shallots, red / green chilli until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, pineapple (optional) for 1 min.
- Pour in all the sauces and thicken it with the cornflour mixture.
- Turn off the heat.
- Quickly, pour the Sweet and sour sauce on to of the fried fish.
- Serve with coriander leaves or chopped spring onions.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
This is the first time I am trying to cook Coconut Curry Chicken which is not spicy at all even though I had included 2 tablespoon of chilly paste. I think the curry powder had over-powered the spicy flavor. Furthermore, the coconut is not thick enough. Next time, I will substitute the water with thin coconut milk instead.
a moment is the answer to all of lifes mysteries!
2 long beans- sectioned
1 small egglant- peel skin and sliced
2 lady fingers-sliced
1 small tomato- quartered
150ml thick coconut milk
1/2 big onion-sliced
2 slice ginger
4 curry leaves
200g chicken-chop bit piece
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs chilli paste
a dash of pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbs chilli paste
3 tbs curry powder
beancurd puffs- cut cubes
1 stalk lemon grass-smashed
Marinate chicken pieces with 1 tbs curry powder, a dash of pepper and 1 tbs chilli paste. Leave aside for 1/2 hour.
Prepare all the ingredients
Fry ginger, onion and curry leaves until fragrant.
Add in curry powder, chillie paste and sugar.
Add in chicken, long beans, eggplant, lady fingers. Mix well.
Pour in 200ml water, tomatoes and salt. Simmer for 10min.
Pour in thick coconut milk. Simmer for another 5min.