Sardines are small oily fish. They were named after the Mediterranean island called Sarinia because these fishes lived there in big amount long, long time ago.
Sardines are rich in nutrients especially omega-3 fatty acids., vitamin D, calcium, B12 and protein.It is proven that regular consumption of omega-3 fatty acid reduces the chances of developing cardiovascular disease and also help lower blood sugar levels.
They are usually sold canned, but fresh sardines are often grilled or fried.
1 can of medium sardine
1 big onion, sliced thickly
3 red chilly, remove seed, cut into 3inch length
3 pieces ginger
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small lime, cut into halves
1/2 cup of water
- Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in chilly and onion. Stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Pour in sardines with the sauce and water together.
- Let it simmer over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Press lime juice over them. Serve hot.