Har Loke is a Cantonese dish whereby prawns are fried in tomato sauce. These are a great party food. it is easy and quick to prepare. Goes well with all kinds of dishes.
10 large prawns with shells intact
3 cups vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 stalk spring onions, washed and cut into 2inch length
2 1/2 tbs tomato ketchup
1 tsp pounded brown salted soya beans ( taucheo)
1 tsp oyster sauce
3 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Wash prawns and trim heads.
- Heat oil in the wok.
- Add prawns and deep fry until shells turn red. Remove and drain.
- Remove oil. Leave 2 tbs oil in wok.
- Fry garlic and sauce ingredients.
- When sauce thickens, add in spring onions.
- Arrange prawns in a bowl. Pour sauce over.