This chicken dish is simple to prepare because all you have to do is put everything in at once and simmer until the chicken are soft.
2 pieces chicken thighs, chopped into chunks
1 small carrot, cut into quarters
3 tomatoes, cut into quarters
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 piece bay leaf or cabbage
1 tbsp hot bean paste (taucheo)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
- Remove chicken skin. Leave aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil in a pot.
- Fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add hot bean paste. Fry for 1min.
- Add in chicken, continue stirring until chicken are well coated.
- Add 125ml of water.
- Pour in tomato ketchup, oyster sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Mix well.
- Simmer for 30min until chicken and vegetables are soft.