Chicken curry comes from Punjab, located in north western India and eastern Pakistan. It is especially popular in India and South Asia countries.
Different countries applies different recipes and ingredients. Some are dry while majority include coconut milk to reduce the spicy taste.
Nowadays, many people use pre-packed curry powder and curry paste which provide various taste; mutton, chicken, fish and vegetarian.
Here is a chicken curry with little curry sauce.
3 pieces chicken thigh , cut into chunks
1 small potato , cubed
1 big onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 inch ginger, sliced
1 tsp tumeric powder (kunyit)
4 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 small bowl of water
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper and tumeric powder. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion until aromatic.
- Add in chicken and potatoes. Stir-fry for 3minutes.
- Add in curry powder. Make sure that the chicken are well coated.
- Pour in water and tomatoes.
- Simmer until chicken and potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot.