For those who love spicy food, this is a popular dish recommended in most Malay and Indonesian restaurant and food stall. It is a spicy chicken dish mix with long beans, corn, carrot, cabbage or any kind of vegetable that you can find in your refrigerator!
The main sauce are chilly sauce and oyster sauce which makes the sauce spicy and sweet. Kaffir leaves brings out the aroma of this dish.
500g chicken, diced
50g prawns, remove shells
50g squid, cleaned and cut into rings
2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
1 carrot, quartered
1 packet young corn, cut slanting
2 pieces kaffir leaves (limau purut)
1 big onion, sliced into rings
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 inch ginger, sliced
1/2 tbsp chilly paste
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp black sauce
1 tbsp chilly sauce
a little salt, pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water
- Mix salt and pepper together with diced chicken. Set aside.
- Parboil carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and young corn in a pot of boiling water until soften.
- Remove, drain well and set aside.
- Heat wok with 2 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry chicken until half way cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Fry garlic, ginger and onion until aromatic.
- Add in prawns and squid.
- Stir fry for 3min.
- Add in chicken, parboiled vegetables.
- Add in chilly paste, oyster sauce, black sauce, chilly sauce and kaffir leaves.
- Stir fry for 2 min.
- Add in sugar and water.
- When sauce thicken, turn off heat.
- Serve hot.