With this dish, you can use either dried beans which requires a lot of preparation and time consuming or opt for beans in canned. It may be a little dry, just enough for the sauce to bind the beans but trust me, beans from tin cans are superb too!!
1/2 can of kidney beans, remove water
1/2 can of chickpeas, remove water
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 carrot, sliced
2 stalks of spring onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tomato, diced
- In a rice bowl, mix ginger juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and water together. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok. Stir fry garlic until slightly browned.
- Add onion, carrot and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add kidney beans and chickpeas.
- Pour in all the sauce. Stir fry until sauce is well heated.
- Sprinkle chopped onion.
- Turn off heat and dish up on plate to serve.