A spicy and sour sauce mixed with semi-fried sliced mackerel for those who love spicy food. Goes well with white rice.
2 pieces of Spanish mackerel or tenggiri fish
1 tbsp preserved soy beans (taucheo ), mashed
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1 small piece ginger, chopped finely
1 red chilly, chopped
5 tbsp tamarind juice (Assam juice)
1 tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp sugar
- Coat fish with a little soy sauce and fry until cooked.
- Set aside.
- To make the sauce
- Heat up wok with a little oil.
- Fry garlic, ginger and red chilly until aromatic.
- Add in preserved soy beans, tamarind juice, dry sherry and sugar until fragrant.
- Add in a little water with cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- When sauce boils, add in fish.
- Coat well.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves on top the fish.